Wednesday, January 11, 2006

PSA

I'm a blogger, a pretty avid one at that, depending on the month. I basically put my thoughts on the web for anyone and everyone to see. I've carved out my own little space and invited friends and strangers into my world. I'm not alone. The web is riddled with millions of blogs spotlighting people's daily activities, political leanings, religious convictions, and interpretations of world news amongst other topics. The ABB primarily addresses politics and the latest stuff going on in our world. The Corner Bruhs keep an eye on our justice system. And me, well I introduced the world to Broke Ass Niggas, The Idiot Who Made Me Cry, and the likes of Chesty LaRue.
Okay, so my topics aren't exactly ripped from the headlines, nor do they do anything to further world peace, increase awareness, or challenge the status quo. But honestly, I really don't care. Someone really perceptive once said that still waters run deep. Well I'm definitely not a constant ball of motion and I'm about as deep as a puddle. This is the 40th post to this blog and I have yet to discuss anything other than myself (except for the exception of my lovefests over Laguna Beach and Crash). The fact is, I write what I know, and the the only thing I really know is me. I rarely watch the news and I don't read the paper, so I have little to no clue about what goes on in the world around me. If it doesn't directly affect me, I don't pay attention. I know that's shallow and self centered, but I'm at peace with that. Every magazine from Essence to Shape to Cosmo is always telling me to accept myself as I am, so I embrace my inner brat willingly.
The interesting thing is that my readers don't seem to mind my narcissistic tendencies. In fact, folks who know me personally are always asking me to put them in my blog in some way. Which now that I think about it is sort of frustrating. The people regularly featured in my blog either don't know that I put their business on front street or have asked that I stop putting their business on front street (to which I say, stop complaining cause I give you perfectly good aliases so folks won't know who I'm talking about specifically, Iz-, I mean Chesty). Basically I write about what crosses my radar and then festers in my brain for a little while. Like I said earlier, current events don't do that, but people and situations that piss me off, usually do. So when I mention people in my blog it's because they've either pissed me off, or reminded me of a past situation that pissed me off. So for those of you, who have asked to be in an entry, either you missed your well disguised alias, or you haven't pissed me off. Keep trying though, cause something always gets on my nerves.
Speaking of things that get on my nerves, I really don't like when folks suggest blog topics for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is MY blog. I mean if the state of our nation's healthcare system really bothers you, get your own damn blog and rant and rave all you want. As for me, I'm already busy complaining about crap in my life. So just to be sure that we're all on the same page here, let's recap. You will not find news, politics, or any of that crap in the pages of the Brain Dump, unless it directly affects me, of course. If you don't like that, the link to the next blog is at the top right hand corner. Thank you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"If it doesn't directly affect me, I don't pay attention"...see, that is why our love for each other runs so deep. We have the same thoughts. Do you know how long I've been telling people that same statement?!?! Some people just don't get it!

Anonymous said...

You really shouldn't broadcast your ignorance this way. As self-centered and spoiled as you are, you don't not care about shit going on around you and you know how I know? Because you KNOW about it. Ask me who Dick Cheney is and I might say he's that detective that played in that movie with Madonna. You know more about the world around us that you let on.

Now...you are to meet me outside at 3PM by the bus stop so I can whoop your ass about your LAME aliases. That you typed 50% of my name and still this NO ONE would know who you are talking about makes you an imbecil. If you continue to misuse my identity this way I will sue you for defamation of character, libel, and slander!

Michele in Michigan said...

"You should blog about ..." (didn't know this fat bitch could DUCK that fast, did ya? hehehe)

I agree with you--blog the stuff YOU wanna blog about. Aliases are always good :)

I had to cut some of my own entries about my sister-in-law, originally referred to as Fugly, but renamed Cugly Funt because I realized that if just Googled by friggin' NAME, all of my nasty entries about HER would pop up. Oopsie hehe.

Oh, and I thought that a Dick Cheney was the type of piercing attached to George Bush... hehehe

CrankyProf said...

Duh. The whole point of blogging is that it's a narcissistic vent.

Screw 'em!

Anonymous said...

Ok cheetarah (I'm not even sure if I spelled that right...anyway)I guess I'm a bad friend because this is my first time visiting your page, and I can't figure out how to work it. Does the 'blog' change every day? I couldn't see any pictures or anything. Please update on how I should proceed...Thank you.